O hino da pérola

[...]

«I remembered the pearl,
for which I had been sent to Egypt,

and I began to charm him,
the terrible loud breathing serpent.

I hushed him asleep and lulled him into slumber,
for my father's name I named over him,

and the name of our second (in power)
and the of my mother, the queen of the East.

And I snatched away the pearl,
and turned to go back to my father's house.

And their filthy and unclean dress I stripped off,
and left it in their country,

and I took my way straight to come
to the light of our home in the East.

And my letter, my awakener,
I found before me on the road;

and as with its voice it had awakened me,
(so) too with its light it was leading me.

It, that dwelt in the palace,
gave light before me with its form,

and with its voice and its guidance
it also encouraged me to speed,

and with its love it drew me on

[...]

0 comentários:


gaveta de arrumos